Gun Grab Update
Gun Grab Update
Last week, Diane Feinstein released her intentions on new gun control legislation. Click here to see her updated 2013 proposed legislation.
Following is a summary of the 2013 legislation:
- Bans the sale, transfer, importation, or manufacturing of:
- 120 specifically-named firearms;
- Certain other semi-automatic rifles, handguns, shotguns that can accept a detachable magazine and have one or more military characteristics; and
- Semi-automatic rifles and handguns with a fixed magazine that can accept more than 10 rounds.
- Strengthens the 1994 Assault Weapons Ban and various state bans by:
- Moving from a 2-characteristic test to a 1-characteristic test;
- Eliminating the easy-to-remove bayonet mounts and flash suppressors from the characteristics test; and
- Banning firearms with “thumbhole stocks” and “bullet buttons” to address attempts to “work around” prior bans.
- Bans large-capacity ammunition feeding devices capable of accepting more than 10 rounds.
- Protects legitimate hunters and the rights of existing gun owners by:
- Grandfathering weapons legally possessed on the date of enactment;
- Exempting over 900 specifically-named weapons used for hunting or sporting purposes; and
- Exempting antique, manually-operated, and permanently disabled weapons.
- Requires that grandfathered weapons be registered under the National Firearms Act, to include:
- Background check of owner and any transferee;
- Type and serial number of the firearm;
- Positive identification, including photograph and fingerprint;
- Certification from local law enforcement of identity and that possession would not violate State or local law; and
- Dedicated funding for ATF to implement registration.
As we would expect from the liberals, the language is intentionally vague. We all remember Nancy Pelossi’s statement about the Health Care bill to The Congress, ” We have to pass the bill so you can see what is in it.” We should expect no less from Feinstein.
In line three of the above summary, we read “Certain other semi-automatic rifles, handguns, shotguns that can accept a detachable magazine and have one or more military characteristics;” We do not know what they may determine to mean a military characteristic. Does your Glock fit into that category because it looks scary? Would this include any thing with a weaver or picatinny rail? Is an OD green grip a “military characteristic”? Perhaps the fact that it is capable of killing people qualifies it as having a military characteristic. If so, this is the end of all semi-automatic pistols. If Feinstein gets her way, we will be left with revolvers, shotguns and tubular magazine rifles.
The left is not concerned in the least as they trample our Constitution. The 2nd Amendment reads as follows:
“A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.”
This has nothing to do with hunting, sporting or collecting. This was a responsibility of US Citizens to protect a free state from enemies foreign and domestic.
We were at Bass Pro Shop last week and the shelves were bare. They were completely out of .22 cal, 9mm, .223, and 5.56 ammo. The gun shelves were very sparsely covered. The pistol cases were extremely low on inventory. They typically have 1 display case that is filled mostly with Glocks, they had 1 in the store.
As we expected, all high capacity magazines were completely striped from the shelves. I was surprised to see a .223 Remington in the AR case. they also has 2 ARs in .22 rim fire.
If you haven’t purchased an AR-15 by now, you will likely be paying more than double. The only source I know of where AR-15s or high capacity magazines can be found is on Armslist.com. While price gouging may seem opportunistic,the laws of supply and demand are in control of the market. Before you criticize the guy asking $2500 for his AR-15, ask yourself what price you would sell yours for. Don’t forget to consider that the shelves may never be stocked again.
Most gun shops in our area are running low on popular handgun models. Buds Gun Shop still has several Glocks as well as many other popular semi-automatic hand guns. They also have an assortment of .22 cal AR-15 style rifles. Buds will ship your order to your local gun dealer or FFL to facilitate the transfer. If you are ever thinking of adding any magazine fed firearms to your collection, now is the time to do it. We don’t know what the future will hold. Don’t think that a Republican House of Representatives will save you. FDR outlawed gold in Executive Order 6102. Don’t think this clown won’t use an executive order to ban magazine fed weapons.
As for ammo, .223 and 5.56 are hard to come by. I don’t expect it to be banned, but you never know. Midway, Bass Pro, Cabelas and Bulk Ammo.com were all out. Lucky Gunner did have some .223 available. They have had different brands available since the crunch began a couple weeks ago. You can order from them and help support the site by using the link in the top right hand corner of the blog page. If they happen to be out when you click, check back tomorrow. If you know of AR ammo, AR magazines, or AR-15 rifle or lower receiver availability other than what we have covered, leave us a comment and let every one know. Thanks so much.
Also use this time as a metric for estimating how difficult it could become to convert your cash into gold or silver in the event of a collapse. It is AR-15s whose price has doubled and will soon not be available at any price in the current crunch. Next year could be gold and silver.
RT did a piece last week on the mad rush to get armed. It is called “Fear and Loading”. It is a very interesting article. Watch it if you have time, it is about 3 minutes long.
Fear and Loading